Friday, August 20, 2010

STUFF

Since my last post,
I've been thinking a lot about Stuff.
It brought to mind my favorite George Carlin routine.

Contemplate and Enjoy!






MY EXPERINCE

During my parents last illnesses,
I moved from my house in Pennsylvania to their house in Maryland.
I had to combine my Stuff with their Stuff.
When my parents died, I realized that I was now
The Keeper of the Stuff.

I have moved a number of times, each time getting rid of more Stuff.

At one time, I had to rent four storage units to keep my Stuff.
In that light, the secret in the garage isn't so bad!


TO THINK ABOUT

Reality shows are very popular right now.

A number of them are based on our Stuff.
BURIED ALIVE: HOARDING
CLEAN HOUSE
HGTV shows us how to arrange our Stuff, sell our Stuff, and make places to either hide or display our Stuff.
ANTIQUES ROAD SHOW tells us how valuable our Stuff is.

Hmmmmmmm...

Today I Celebrate Awareness!
(Bet you thought I was going to say Stuff!)





5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

hummmmm! that means I am thinking. do you smell the sawdust burning from all the wheels turning in my old brain? I love all those shows you mentioned and watch most of them. I don't keep stuff so i can't relate. i throw all stuff away almost as soon as i get it.

RoeH said...

And boy it is ever true!

Kilauea Poetry said...

(Lol) you may be right about a lot of stuff! So that first part was something G.C. did? Funny, he was a genius when it came to nailing all the little human quirks..There is a Portuguese comedian (Frank Delima) that is really funny like he was, yet more family oriented. He goes into many different nationalities so it may be harder for some to understand certain behavior in regard to islands (ways/culture of these groups?

Dawning Inspiration said...

I've been in the process the past couple of years of getting rid of "stuff" - and boy does it feel good!

Micki said...

Boy, you do have a lot of stuff! Love the George Carlin "stuff". I'm glad that my garage is as large as it is(although it could be bigger so that your "stuff" isn't as stuffed in there as much as it is.