Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's in the Sack?

A Surprise for Judy


This photo reminds me of a poem by Shel Silverstein
called "What's in the Sack".
[I used the poem as a starter for a creative writing exercise when I taught second grade.]

Today I look at the "sack" as the day ahead.
One never knows what little surprises the day may hold:
a call from a dear friend, a beautiful butterfly, a rainbow, the ideal parking spot, an unexpected smile...

Today I Celebrate Pleasant Surprises.

(check out the photo below to see what yummy surprise awaited me in the sack)


MARYLAND crabs!!  My favorite!

2 comments:

MadSnapper said...

hope you sack is full of pleasant surprises today. i have not read that poem, but sounds like a good one.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I totally agree about the sack thing. For me, it's the box. I used to collect lovely unique little boxes. I loved them, but they also represent excitement and the unknown. You never know what might be in them. I'm glad your sack had something good in it. Oh, and let's not forget Forrest Gump. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get! Between that and the crabs, I'm hungey now! Bye!