Tuesday, August 17, 2010

EXPOSED!

Today is August 17, 2010.
I am now prepared to expose something
That I've kept hidden
Since October 30, 2009.

Please prepare yourself. 
It is not a pretty sight.






The Garage
The rest of my Stuff (after I cleared out half of the boxes)



My secret is that I moved in with a friend
on October 30th, 2009
and
this is the stuff that is still stacked in her garage
on August 17th, 2010.


Here's a list of my really good excuses:
  • When I first moved, there was no place to put my stuff.
  • Then it was winter and it was too cold.
  • I couldn't go through it during the holidays!
  • The boxes were stacked floor to ceiling and I'm too weak to lift them from that height.
  • I was out of work and too depressed.
  • When the weather was nice, I had to work in the garden.
  • I didn't want to clutter my room.
  • It's been too darn hot this summer!!!

THE GOOD NEWS IS

I found my winter coats in July!

I found the rest of  my clothes and my shoes!

Since I hadn't worn them in over six months, I gave half of my clothes to Good Will.

Going through boxes one at a time is like Christmas - surprise and delight at what I find.

I've learned that I don't need all of my Stuff!



I feel a garage sale coming on......


Today I Celebrate Sharing Secrets and Simplifying!


4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

YIKES, you told me about it but seeing it is a lot different. that is a lot of excuses. i use some of them with my housework.

RoeH said...

I am soooo not a 'hoarder' as the television shows call it, that I throw out or clean out more often than not because it just drives me a little bit crazy to have things out there just sitting around. So then I go nuts and give it all to charity. Which is a fine trait were it not for wishing I had not given that sewing machine away to St. Vincent de Paul's and about a zillion other things.

Oh well. I have two Ethan Allen end tables out there if anyone wants them.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Hi there..well I have to admit- you have a pretty good list of excuses here (lol)! I think they count, but at least you were able to dig in and find some surprises and at least sort through it! Right now, my problem is cleaning..I keep looking around then note my good excuses! (smile). My mom couldn't seem to throw anything out and my dad was known to toss things! Hey, I left a comment but just wanted to say how encouraging your words are to me! Just to get a little feedback and see how others think- your thoughts were so meaningful- have a wonderful day-

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I've got STUFF...
Too much STUFF, where does one start getting rid of STUFF ?
Loved this blast from the past video ;)