Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gray Haired Ladies

Spanish Moss
To learn more about Spanish Moss, click here

I remember when I discovered my first gray hair.
I freaked out and ran for my tweezers!
As I grew older and found even more gray,
I abandoned my tweezers and ran to my hairdresser.
Through the years my hair has been
various shades of brown, red, blond, and even greenish.
Just before my 60th birthday, I decided to go gray.
I finally dropped out of the race for eternal youth
and accepted who I am and what I look like:
no Botox, facelife, liposuction.
I embrace the badges of age
and
celebrate the life experiences that have brought me here.

Today I Celebrate the gifts of Age.

7 comments:

MadSnapper said...

we celebrate age together. i see you and me on that side bar and our hair matches the moss hanging from the tree. we are truly gray heads and happy with ourselves. I think you look beautiful with your natural hair color.

MadSnapper said...

hi, test

Ginny Hartzler said...

I see that beautiful picture of you and Sandra on the sidebar. I totally agree with the age thing. I still pull out obvious white hairs, but at this stage, it's quite a losing game. We should be proud of our age and wisdom. Why should I make myself miserable to conform to the shallow standards of the world? Is that Spanish Moss? I didn't know it gets grey like that, how does that happen? What a great picture and connection! What's up with Sandra's test comment today? Have you been having blog problems? And did she tell you that I am just as curious as she is?

Judy said...

Hi, Ginny,
As far as I know, Spanish Moss only comes in gray.

Sandra was just helping me to have comments sent to my email. I'm still getting the hang of this and I'm becoming addicted!

Unknown said...

lovely post, thanks for visiting my page and for your generous comments.

Unknown said...

Nice post Judy I agree with everything you say on your post and on mine. Thanks for visiting Kev

Micki said...

I agree with the natural route. Unfortunately, my hair has been turning gray at an unusually fast pace for the past two years while I was unemployed and going through 10 knee surgeries. It's coming in at the temples and looks terrible. So, I will be getting it colored(when I can afford it) until the rest of my head starts getting gray. Your hair looks great the way it is.