Friday, September 3, 2010

Cat Naps

Copland

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives. - Stephen Baker


Copland
.

."Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a lot of ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." - Joseph Wood Crutch


Cali

There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat. - Wesley Bates


Mozart

"Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when fat, arrange yourself in slim poses." - John Weitz


Nadia & Cali

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer




Nadia & Cali

Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten cats without the owner. - Stephen Baker



Mozart

"You can not look at a sleeping cat and feel tense." - Jane Pauley

[Quotes are taken from CatQuotes.com]

I am still working on being able to get this Relaxed!



Today I Celebrate the True Art of Relaxation!


4 comments:

RoeH said...

I love all those quotes. I had the one from Albert Schweitzer on my desk at work for many years. Neat post!

MadSnapper said...

you did a great job captureing all of your cats. I like cali in the high chair and recognize that chair. good you got the shy Mozart, they are all wonderful. if i lived with four cats i would have to start a blog just for cat pics.

Kilauea Poetry said...

I love your cat decor..truly beautiful- living art they are! I had a big o'l boy (white with black spots) we called Pooky (Spook). He would lie with back paws sprawled out- backwards. We have an extra tiny red who lounges about with hers -always in the same position as the one in the first photo I think here (crossed). Enjoyed your share and quotes:))

Dawning Inspiration said...

Such a sweet faced kitty!