Tuesday, February 8, 2011

THE LOVE CABINET


The approach of
Valentine's Day
signals
The Season of Love.

In the spirit of the Season,
I'd like to share the story of
The Love Cabinet.


On an Indian Summer day in October
I was painting my dining room.
As I was moving my china cabinet
that contained tea cups that I had collected over the years,
the cabinet fell forward crashing to the floor.
I stood speechless
 surveying the smashed cabinet and tea cups.
Once the tears started
I could not stop them.

A friend called me just as my Pity Party was ending.
I told her what had happened.
The word must have gotten around
because, within hours,
friends started showing up with
special tea cups.

That Christmas,
my daughters, Amy and Tara,
(with the help of my sister, Dottie)
presented me with
a new china cabinet.
I cried for an hour
at the Love that had been poured over me.

Though that cabinet
has been slightly battered
over many moves,
It still holds gifts of Love.




The Love Cabinet


In future blogs,
I'll share some of my treasures
from
The Love Cabinet.



Today I Celebrate
Sweet Surprises
that can come from
unhappy circumstances!



5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

even though i have heard your love story before, i enjoyed reading it again. it is such a wonderful story of love. can't wait to see the treasures.

Madeline said...

Your Love Cabinet story is beautiful, Judy. I am an old time friend of Snapper I. My husband Pat is Snapper II. We would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday and hope you have many move.
God Bless you today and always.

The Retired One said...

Found you on Madsnapper's blog...great photos..we were just in Savannah and I took a ton of photos like yours of the lovely Spanish moss on the oak trees there...I was SMITTEN with them! If you haven't already, stop on over to my blog at:
http://myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com
Great to have you there!

SquirrelQueen said...

What a wonderful story, every time you look at the cabinet you can see the love.

I'm over from Sandra's blog, wanted to wish you a very
Happy Birthday
and
Happy Valentine's Day!

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

What a beautiful story! I am so sorry for you on the loss of your original teacups, but what a wonderful life lesson was learned. I say this as I eye my own teacups, passed down from my beloved Great Gram and surely at or over 100 years old.

I love the spirit and sentiment of your blog and look forward to following you for more!