Saturday, February 5, 2011

"BARKING" UP ANOTHER TREE

On a recent, beautiful, overcast day, I decided to follow in the footsteps of my heroine, The MadSnapper, and stalk the jungle of the back yard.  What I found was the mother lode to an avid "barker" like me.

Why do I get so excitied about old tree bark?

I guess that I see things with different eyes as I rapidly approach my 65th birthday.  I see the bark as a body that has endured the joys and the storms of Life.  I appreciate the beauty in all of us (as they say, warts and all...).












I see a hooded old crone in rags leaning against the tree.


New Life



Today I Celebrate
the View through "Different Eyes"!







1 comment:

MadSnapper said...

beautiful photos and words. celebrate life through different eyes. we both do that a lot